|« Words From the Master||RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD (1985) Analysis »|
Okay, I lied.
Here's one REALLY last zombie analysis for you.
Tomorrow, we'll take a look at how to actually do these types of analyses yourself.
RESIDENT EVIL: EXTINCTION Analysis
1) Alice awakens in a strange hospital. She's shot by a complex booby trap. Umbrella scientists take a sample of her blood. 5:45 (-)
2) The scientists take her out into the desert above their hideout, and dump this latest clone Alice in a ditch with countless others. Zombies surround the fenced-in compound. 7:15 (-)
3) Alice narrates the spread of the t-virus across the globe. 8:30 (-)
4) Alice responds to a call for help at a television station. It turns out to be a trap perpetrated by a gang. They knock her out. 11:10 (-)
5) Alice awakens in the pit the gang through her into. She fights her way out, displaying power, skill, and ingenuity. 13:50 (+)
6) A convoy moves through the desert, talking about how they're out of cigarettes. "It really is the end of the world." 16:00 (-)
7) The head Umbrella doctor tells his fellows he may be able to reverse the effects of the t-virus with Alice's blood samples. They threaten to take away his research. 18:40 (-)
8) Alice finds a map in an abandoned gas station. She sees a bird pecking at a dead zombie. INCITING INCIDENT OF SUBPLOT A: ZOMBIE ANIMALS. 21:20 (+)
9) Clair's convoy continues to broadcast to bring survivors in. They get attacked but survive. 25:30 (+/-)
10) The black guy flirts with the black girl. The guy lifts up his shirt, reveals he's been bitten. INCITING INCIDENT OF SUBPLOT B: THE SECRET BITE. INCITING INCIDENT OF SUBPLOT C: BLACK COUPLE'S LOVE. 26:36 (-)
11) Head Scientist injects a zombie with his new serum. It seems to be working. Then the zombie attacks and kills his assistants. 28:30 (-)
12) Clair's convoy talks about running out of gas and food. They set up a perimeter. The Black Man and Woman flirt in his van. ACT II OF SUBPLOT C: BLACK COUPLE'S LOVE. A storm comes. (+/-) 31:20
13) Alice reads the journal?concerning a secret facility?by a campfire. Her eyes tell us she will seek it out. 32:30 (+)
14) Head Scientist activates another clone. 33:10 (-)
15) Alice has a psychic vision of the facility, as well as displaying telekinetic abilities that destroy her motorcycle. INCITING INCIDENT OF CENTRAL PLOT. CLIMAX OF ACT ONE. 34:10 (-)
ACT ONE THOUGHTS: They delayed the Central Plot Inciting Incident by dealing with subplots.
16) AI Girl tells Head Scientist that Alice is nearby. 34:50 (-)
17) Alice walks across the desert. 36:00 (-)
18) Zombie crows attack Clair's convoy. Black Girl dies. CLIMAX OF SUBPLOT C: BLACK COUPLE'S LOVE. Alice saves several people thanks to her telekinetic ability. 41:40 (+)
19) Head Scientist's assistance accuses him of overstepping his authority. Another Alice clone dies. 43:40 (-)
20) Alice wakes up, talks to Kmart, who gave her a bracelet for luck. 44:30 (+)
21) Alice explains why she disappeared. She claims it's better if she's not around people, then hugs Buff Guy. 46;30 (+)
22) Satellites take photos of her. 47:10 (-)
23) Clair thanks Alice, and tells her that it's not just around her that people die. 48:00 (+/-)
24) Head Scientist gets his requests to acquire Alice denied. 49:10 (+)
25) Clair asks her convoy if they want to go to Alaska for possible survivors. They decide to. 51:00 (+) MID-ACT CLIMAX
26) Black Man looks at his bite. It has worsened. ACT II OF SUBPLOT B: SECRET INFECTION. 51:10 (-)
27) They decide to go to the extremely dangerous Las Vegas for supplies and gas. 52:00 (-/+)
28) Head Scientist fakes an authorization from his superior. 53:00 (-)
29) The convoy leaves for Las Vegas. Head Scientist tracks them via computer. Black Man looks pale, infection worsening. ACT III OF SUBPLOT C: SECRET INFECTION. They arrive in a decimated Vegas. 57:40 (+/-)
30) Black Man leans against a car, almost turning. An enormous fight ensues. Though Alice survives, the Umbrella people shut her down via satellite. 63:00 (-)
31) Alice fights the programming as the fight ensues. Black Man turns, bites Buff Guy. ACT IV OF SUBPLOT C: SECRET INFECTION. Alice breaks into the Umbrella tent, shoots Head Scientist, who then gets bitten. She says they're going to steal his helicopter to get to Alaska. 67:20 (+)
32) Head Scientist grows tentacles, becomes a supervillain. 69:10 (-)
33) After finding the helicopter, Buff Guy, now infected, goes on a suicide mission. 71:40 (-/+)
34) With everyone but Alice, Clare flees in the helictoper. 75:00 (+/-)
35) After seeing destroyed clones of herself, Alice enters the underground base. ACT TWO CLIMAX 76:00 (-)
36) AI Girl tells Alice her blood can end all of this. But there's one problem? 79:00 (+/-)
37) Alice goes looking for Head Scientist. Finds a clone of herself. Head Scientist attacks, and clone dies. 82:00 (-)
38) Head Scientist beats the crap out of Alice. In a profoundly lame, Alice-passive anticlimax, Head Scientist is destroyed by the laser grid. 86:00 (+)
39) Alice tells the Umbrella Corporation that she's coming after them with her army of clones. 88:00 (+)
The Umbrella logo becoming a human eye.
PROTAGONIST'S CONSCIOUS DESIRE:
To destroy Umbrella Corporation.
PROTAGONIST'S SUBCONSCIOUS DESIRE:
THE IMAGE SYSTEM(S):
o Our greatest strengths come from accepting ourselves and our past fully.
o We are doomed by our weaknesses and past.
This post has 141 feedbacks awaiting moderation...
|<< <||> >>|